Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Happy Christmas to all!

Dear Reader:

How lovely to have time and interest and energy in writing on this blog in recent weeks!  I admit that I was a bit worried about the potential for feeling a bit lonely with Christmas being for just the three of us this year - no siblings, cousins, friends, or Grandma.   But, I feel surprisingly content and happy tonight.  I am about ready to wrap presents like a professional elf, but want to wait until I hear the twitters subside upstairs.   We returned, about an hour ago, from the Christmas Eve service at church during which I played all of the carols which never get played just because I could... :)   "Lo, How a Rose E'er Blooming," "The Wexford Carol," "Break Forth, O Beauteous Heavenly Light,"  "In the Bleak Midwinter."  I also really savored the singing of "Silent Night" with everyone (all 200 or so congregants) holding up a little candle in the darkened sanctuary.  I have to admit that I have always had a desire to spend one Christmas Eve at King's College Chapel in Cambridge, England for their famous Lessons and Carols.   Someday, I will do it.  (This reminds me of some other items on my bucket list:  to see the Northern Lights, to spend some time on the Amalfi Coast in Italy...)

I am queuing up "It's a Wonderful Life" on Netflix, pouring a glass of wine, and getting all of the wrapping supplies out.   I am so grateful that all of my loved ones are, for the moment, safe and healthy and just where they want to be.   Tomorrow, the three of us will be joined by our two dear friends/neighbours for a Christmas dinner on my great-grandmother's china.   Life is good.   Santa probably won't bring me any presents this year, but I tell you, I've already got all that I need or want right here/right now.   Right here.  Right now.   Yes.

I'm pretty psyched about this upcoming Weight Watchers personal coach business.  I think this will be good for me because I am so NOT into going to group meetings.  One-on-one is the thing for me.  And, someone who is not attached to me in any friendship.  Just objective and empathetic counsel.  So, after all of the holiday hullabaloo, I will start focusing on tracking food, increasing quality sleep (restorative yoga!), and continued purging.  Because, dear reader, I have already taken a significant chunk out of some detritus in my house.  I can feel the momentum building...  

Wishing all of you out there in blog reader land a lovely Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.  I hope your Right Here and Right Now is all that you want it to be.


Happy Christmas to All (from the Withers family).
And to all a Good Night.

Thanks for Reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment