Thursday, February 20, 2014

Dear Reader:

I'm not saying that the weather made a difference in my life today but:

Warm breeze.  Sunshine.  Considerable time outside.  


Here are the stats:

Total pounds lost:  30 (didn't gain back the stomach bug pounds...)
Total calories lost:  1606
Total calories burned:  505 (1 hour walk with friend, 1/2 hour on treadmill)

Breakfast:

Lunch:
Dinner:  Forgot Pic - chicken quesadilla, tortilla chips/salsa, rice

So, today was definitely a day for dreaming and breathing in deeply for me.  Again, I never know when one of these moods is going to hit, but I do love it when I seem to be able to lift the mantle of worry and stress off of my shoulders and coat check it.  I still have a billion things to do in the coming weeks.  I still have all of the stressful situations to deal with that I did yesterday (which was not the most low-stress of days).  But, for some reason, I just felt totally and completely at peace today.  It really has to be the sunshine, doesn't it?   It makes me realize the kind of psychic unease that I typically carry around.   It felt a bit weird to let it go.  

I do love a warm, light breeze.   Like, maybe more than any other type of weather.   It always makes me think of the word "zephyr" which has to be one of my all time favorite words.   It was so temperate this evening that I went out into my backyard (after the kids were in bed) and laid down in the grass and let the sky wash over me.   Maybe that's a bit goofy, but it was enchanting - so I don't care!   I love that feeling of being connected to the universe.

So, I'm going to make a more-than-one-or-two-steps recipe this weekend.  Epic.  Mango/chickpea curry.   I'll definitely keep you updated on Monday, dear reader.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment