Friday, August 28, 2015

Dear Reader:

How are you this lovely evening?  Friday is here, gentle folks.    

Here's my Friday gratitude journal:

1)  The moon is so bright and luminous tonight.   A big jewel in the sky.   As usual, no pictures can suffice.  The moon is notoriously camera shy.


That's the best I can do.  It is gorgeous.

2) I spent some time after work/school snuggling with this guy and listening to his soothing purr.


3) Two kids' desks were delivered to my house today, continuing my quest to fill this house with beautiful, functional, lovely things.



I might be a little jealous of these desks now.  :)  Also, my son kept opening the drawers and discussing what he's going to put in his desk and saying, I kid you not, "How can I ever thank you enough, Mama!"

4)  I taught a satisfying Theory III class today using this piece as an analysis example.


I do love some coloratura soprano.  Especially one as tasteful and elegant as Joan Sutherland.   Rejoice greatly, indeed.


5)  These books came today:


SQUEE!   So much goodness to look forward to...   

6) A friend from grad school sent me an e-mail wanting to reconnect after several years.  How lovely to reminisce and re-connect with such a friend from the past!

7) I had my first "walking" meeting today.   I announced to the Visual and Performing Arts Division last week that I would like to invite them to schedule "walking" meetings with me this semester.   Good ideas and solutions always come when moving and being outside, right?   I think this is going to improve my semester.   I have a lot of meetings, dear reader.   So, I'd rather have them outside.  I also used a spare hour of cancelled lessons to take another two laps around campus.   Walking.  Getting out. 

8) I feel very peaceful and happy today.   Maybe because of all of the above, or maybe for no reason at all.  But, I am attending to it and enjoying it and plan to read some of my latest novel and drink a cup of tea and enjoy my solitude this evening.   

Rest assured, there were thorny, complicated moments in this day, too, but I am choosing not to attend to those moments right now.   Attention.   A powerful tool...



Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment