Friday, March 4, 2016

Dear Reader:

I know we are only four hours into it, but Spring Break and I are in love.   We're moving in together.

I am sitting here with nothing on my I-really-need-to-do-this-to-be-ready-for-tomorrow list.  No laundry that has to be done, classes that need to be prepped, homework that needs to be checked, grading that needs to be completed, backpacks and after-school snacks that need to be arranged, or clothes that need to be laid out.

Ah.  Do you hear that?   It's the sound of my constant low thrum of anxiety leaving the premises.  

I have no firm ideas about what I am going to do over this next week of Break.   Too much specificity will stress me out.   I have vague ideas of napping, reading, practicing, walking in the sunshine, and binge-watching TV.   I might clean a thing or two.   Maybe do some yoga and meditation.   I don't know....  I will enjoy being plan-free for a while.   I will also enjoy being by myself for large swaths of time.  

Until the gray skies and snow returned during the last day and a half,  I thought this was going to be my happy face for the duration of the now incipient spring:

Look how much I love that sunshine.   It really affects my mood, y'all.  So next week's predicted low 70's temps are music to my ears.   Yesterday and today have just been bringing me down.    It's really remarkable how much the sunshine makes my cares fly away.  I can't even believe how profound the effect is.   It doesn't even make sense...   But, I am not obligated to make sense to you or, apparently, to me either!


Also, another thing that is true about me?  This.


I need this cross-stitched on a pillow to round out my extensive collection of very odd quotes cross-stitched on pillows.  :)

I have to say that I really think I am getting quite a bit better at Letting. Things. Go.   Interestingly, I think the key to letting go of things that make me anxious is holding on to things that feed my spirit and my confidence and my view of my own positive potential.     So, here's a little gem that I am holding onto this week.  I went to volunteer in my daughter's art class and one little girl came right up to me and said "You look SOOOO pretty!!"   First graders do not lie, friends.   So, I must be awfully pretty.   Also, I am quite talented at my work and at creating a loving family environment.   So, what is there to be anxious about, dear reader?   Not a thing.  At the moment.   Life is good.   Spring is coming.   

Be well, and thanks for reading!    I'm off to binge-watch Mozart in the Jungle.   And, then I'll sleep and not set my alarm.   Spring Break and I need to get to know each other better.   I think we have a future together.   

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment