Dear Reader:
I played hooky a little bit today. I can feel the summer slipping away and decided to hang out with my kiddos since I didn't have any scheduled meetings. I have really being enjoying spending time with them lately. They are interesting people. They are also crazy. :)
I have a lot of work to do in the next few weeks including:
1) Grading and responding to a student's summer independent study work.
2) Responding to my colleague's professional development plans.
3) Writing a letter of recommendation for a former colleague.
4) Practicing MANY hours on some Brahms, Schumann, Mozart, and Schoenfield for my August 4 concert to which I am GREATLY looking forward.
5) Writing text for the Arts Center season brochure.
6) Managing some budget transfers.
7) Completing my Professional Development Plan.
8) Preparing some PowerPoint presentations and syllabi for Fall semester.
9) Setting up a piano lesson schedule.
10) Preparing press releases and ordering some music for a duo piano recital I'm doing in September.
You get the idea. It's a little crazy. Is this summer? Ha. But, hey, I took today off and enjoyed the sunshine and breeze at the playground and enjoyed playing with my kids.
I'm still as much a worrier as ever. I worry about my finances and my weight and my parenting, mostly. Secondary, but still intense, worries include the quality of my professional work and my musical/artistic work and the state of the world and some infrequent strains of depression and loneliness that I experience. Every once in a while, though, I can actually stop the mental chatter and feel CONTENT. It has happened a few times this week in ways that I wasn't expecting. I think this self-compassion and mindfulness stuff is working, you guys. I have had some moments where I did not feel the weight of the past or the future - just the lightness of the present.
I am settling into the habit of tracking food on WW. It's helpful. It makes me more conscious. Now, I just need to get into the habit of moving every day. Exercise that I don't have to think about or plan too much for...
Anyway, nothing too profound today. I'm all out of profundity. Here are some beautiful images/thoughts:
Thanks for reading!


No comments:
Post a Comment