Friday, July 29, 2016

Dear Reader:

There is no coherence in life right now.   I have a political hangover from caring about the Republican and Democratic conventions and all the "first woman EVER TO BE NOMINATED FROM A MAJOR PARTY!!!!!!!!!" and "am I just completely an idiot for thinking she's really totally qualified? I mean she has not been nominated for the position of my soul mate, so I don't have to think she's perfect or anything, do I?  Can't I just like her?  Is she really that evil?" and all of the "OMG, WHAT IS DONALD TRUMP DOING NOW?  HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?  RUSSIA?  WHAT?" and all of the "WHAT DID MY SMART FRIEND SAY ABOUT THAT ON FB?" and "HOW CAN MY OTHER SMART FRIEND POSSIBLY SAY THAT ON FB?"  And, you know, the worry about this precipitous decline of civilization and then all of the HOPE and OPTIMISM, damn it.   And, in the middle of all that I've got all the "EPIC Brahms and Schumann and crazy hard modern jazzy piano trio piece practice" going on and all of the "Let's play at a funeral and get all weepy and then have some head shots for professional pics and then pick up the kids and stay for 15 years at Wal-Mart while we get an overdue oil change" and then all the "OK, I'm just going to go ahead and have a yard sale tomorrow and bring down heavy furniture items from upstairs and get change and make posters and hang them up everywhere" stuff.  

Inhale.  Exhale.  

Hahahahaha.   It's going to be fine.  No, really.   I mean just look at Bill Clinton experiencing balloons for the first time:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/lyapalater/bill-the-balloon-guy?utm_term=.qmD9mqzrJ#.pjkElALM0

Life is going to be totally A-OK.  

I am TAKING CARE OF BUSINESS.  

It's ALL GOOD!

I'll just keep saying that over here while I sell that old waffle iron tomorrow, folks, and then practice up a storm while letting my kids play on their devices like the mediocre mom I have chosen to be at this moment.   No worries.   Super Mom will come back after Recital Woman has her day.   You know what would be the best?   Balloons falling out of the ceiling after every action I take that requires me to "pull it together" in some way.   That'd be a lot of balloons, dear reader.   It would be just as magical as the DNC.   Although, I might be too jaded to have that total enchantment that Bill Clinton does...   HAHAHAHA.  

More later, my intrepid readers.   I promise.   There are things to write about.   I shall do it someday!!

Meanwhile, thanks for reading this incoherent patchwork of feelings.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment