Here's the deal. I am filled with the giddiness of spring now. This past Easter weekend has just catapulted me into the pleasures of my FAVORITE SEASON. Sunshine! Flowers! Flowering Trees! Children Frolicing! Eating OUTSIDE!
Plus, I accomplished something major today - I handed back ALL OF THE GRADING. ALL. OF. IT. The albatross around my neck just flew up, up and away! I realize that I will get a truckload more grading to do around May 2 (Finals, Final Draft of Research Papers), but today everything that was stacked up on my desk was handed back.
Sooooo, I kind of forgot to weigh myself this morning. And, I kind of forgot to log into myfitnesspal.com to crunch the calories, and I haven't actually used my fitbit yet, BUT:
Here's my breakfast:
Pineapple. Fruit of the gods.
Here's my lunch (see that pile of grading - soon to be dispersed):
Yes, that's pineapple yogurt. Sensing a theme? A tropical theme? BECAUSE IT'S SPRING, dear reader. It's spring.
Dinner - no pic - but here's the lowdown: grilled chicken, avocado slices, rice, tortilla chips.
And, yes, it's lame that I haven't used my fitbit yet, but it is out. of. the. box. And, charging. And, just to distract you from how lame I am, here is a pic that I took last night at sunset:
Why, hello bright moon!
And, also, my swimsuit came in the mail and IT FIT BEAUTIFULLY. So, I am anxious to get back into the pool ASAP. And, also, I received 5 compliments on how I looked today. FIVE COMPLIMENTS. And, if I hadn't felt like I was coming down with a sore throat (did I mention my trip to Urgent Care with a feverish girl on Saturday? Yeah. That was fun...), I totally would have hopped on the treadmill. As it is, I am probably going to collapse into bed after writing this blog post.
But before I do....let's talk about how spring always fills me with a sense of possibility. Even in the most stressful years and in the midst of the most challenging times, spring just lifts me right up. Sadly, spring seems to only last about 3 or 4 seconds these days before the overripe beauty of summer descends, but I intend to carpe diem while I can. So, I've been imagining beautiful spaces and how someday I can visit all. of. the. beautiful. spaces. in the world and how someday I can buy a home and make it one. of. the. most. beautiful. spaces. in the world. Here's some inspiration:
So, dear reader, this is all possible, right? Not out of my reach? Ha. ACTUALLY, I looked up the source of that bathroom picture and it is from a rental cabin in Boone, NC. http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p273516 And, for the small sum of $700 I could stay there for three nights over my June birthday week. I mean it is supposedly for honeymooning couples, but, hey, single people should be able to have honeymoons, too, right? Right. See, I knew you'd agree with me.
Well, at the very least, I am planning to make some magic happen in my back yard this spring/summer: a fire pit, some lawn furniture, some twinkly white lights on the back porch...any other suggestions for creating the magic?
Also, remember back about 15 blog posts ago or so, I mentioned that I want to make my bedroom into a sanctuary? Well, I've got some prints from a trip to Spain that I took a gazillion years ago that I'm going to get framed. And, when I go to Asheville in 13 DAYS!, I'm going to look for some new lighting options and some decorative items. I want uncluttered, simple, warm light, cozy bedding.
Now that you've had a complete overdose of spring giddiness, dear reader, I will try to pull my enthusiasm in a bit and finish my cup of tea. I've actually decided that I need to blog a bit more often in the next couple of weeks to get me jump started back into the fitness routines that I have been hard pressed to keep over the last month. So, you are going to hear from me more often, dear reader. I'll try not to be too overwhelming... It'll be hard though. At least I'm not the only one. Here's a series of spring images to send you off into the rest of the week:
April hath put a spirit of youth in everything. - Shakespeare (Sonnet XCVIII)
It is Spring again. The earth is like a child that knows poems by heart. - Rilke
"Is the spring coming?" he said, "what is it like?"... "It is the sun shining on the rain and the rain falling on the sunshine." - The Secret Garden (Frances Hodgson Burnett)
Thanks for reading!






No comments:
Post a Comment