Thursday, April 24, 2014

Dear Reader,

I am back at the tracking on myfitnesspal.com.   My Fitbit has been activated.   Here's proof:


Do you see that I accomplished 13, 721 steps today?  My goal was 10, 000.  Fitbit is calling me "A Champ."   Awesome.  That little green spike in my activity is my hour long walk with my friend who, by the way, thinks that this fitbit device might actually start controlling my mind and tracing all of my activities in a sinister-Big-Brother-type-of-way.   It is a little uncanny that it apparently has the ability to track the quality of my sleep and that it can be worn in the shower.   Because, you know, you are likely to take a lot of steps in the shower....   And, how does it monitor the "quality" of my sleep?   Hmmm.    Anyway, I'm psyched to keep this going.   Tomorrow will likely not be as successful, in terms of steps just because I am booked SOLID from an 8am meeting to an evening social event associated with the presidential inauguration at the college, with classes/lessons/inauguration ceremonies and dance classes in Bristol in between.   The inauguration "barbecue," by the way, will include a mechanical bull.   (????!!!!!??????)    SURREAL.    I want to see who gets on that thing.   I would have to have a lot of alcohol to try that.   And, I'm pretty sure that tomorrow night is not going to be my night for a lot of alcohol.   

Anyhow.... Here are the stats for today:

Total Calories consumed:  2016 (too many, but I'm getting back on the wagon here.)
Total Calories burned:  336 (hour walk - twice around campus - impressive because I STILL HAVE THIS D#%&M COLD).  

Breakfast:

Lunch:


Dinner:  I ate about 2/3 of this.  Still too much.  
Have I mentioned how much I love pineapple?   So, I'm thinking of buying one and coring it and slicing it up and putting it on the grill and having it with some sort of drizzled chocolate for a dessert quite regularly this summer....  This appears to me to be one of my better ideas in life.   

OK, so I'm on the fitbit track.   I have started logging in my food choices again.   Now, let's see if I can keep the calorie count down tomorrow.    Every day is a new chance for me to MAKE GOOD CHOICES.    Every day is a new chance for me to MAKE GOOD CHOICES.   Every day is a new chance for me to MAKE GOOD CHOICES.   Sorry, dear reader, I just needed to remind myself of that in triplicate.    I saw someone today that I haven't seen in a full year.   She came up to me and said "Have you lost half of your weight?  You look fabulous!"   Although I have not lost what I want to lose or even half of what I want to lose, I will say that it was very lovely to hear that from someone who is clearly not following this blog or knowing anything about my journey.   Totally unsolicited and unbiased.   It's not even a good friend or anything.    Just a pleasant acquaintance.   

The other major news in my life today is that my Mom MOVED.   Into a cottage in a retirement development.   She is now 2 1/2 hours closer to me than she was previously.   What a huge change in her life.  I called her tonight and she is, as usual, just an emotional ROCK.   Totally tired, but totally OK with her decision.   This is the way I want to be, dear reader.   That strong.   She is amazing.   

Ah well, it's time for me to get some quality sleep (without the fitbit, because I do think that's just a bit too creepy for me...).  

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment