Thursday, March 6, 2014

Dear Reader:

I wouldn't say I was tired.  No, no.  The fact that I'm closing my eyes as I write this right now is just about me getting into a meditative state.  

Seriously, though, this week is wiping me out.   Who thought it was a good idea to put a solo recital onto my plate?   Adding on that to the daily list of responsibilities of is not for the faint of heart.   I went out tonight with a friend to use an almost expired gift certificate (free food!) and have her regale me with tales of her recent trip to NYC.     I will say that it was a great time, full of much, much, much needed laughter.   It included reading selections from this gem:

I will, in fact, be ordering this book ASAP.   Because, I mean, look at it.  I have to.   

I will be feeling some mama guilt tomorrow because I had a board meeting on Monday night, I practiced in the office on Tuesday night, I had an Ash Wednesday service and choir rehearsal on Wednesday night, and I went out tonight.    My kids need some Mama time, and perhaps even more importantly, I need some time with my kiddos.   

Next week is spring break which means - for me - at least 5 hours of practice each day (chaining myself to the piano) and a daily trip to the gym.  But, this weekend I have no desire other than to wrap up in a blanket, cuddle with my kids, and try to take naps as much as possible.   

I actually put myself on the treadmill tonight at 10:30pm.  I think I might be crazy.   Anyway, here are the stats:

Total calories consumed:  2053 (well, I did go out for a substantial meal tonight...I'll pay for it tomorrow)
Total calories burned:  180
I didn't check the scale.  Not going to until after this next week.

Breakfast:




Lunch:
Dinner (in all its splendor):





The cocktail was a "Prickly Pear."  The soup was butternut squash (YUM).  The entree was Barbecue Shrimp and Grits.  Dessert was Key Lime Pie.   

Since I quite literally CANNOT keep my eyes open,  I'll leave it here, dear reader.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment