Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Dear Reader:

All right.  The scale moved down by .2 lbs this morning.   I'll take it.  21.2 lbs. lost so far.

Total calories consumed:  1507
Total calories burned:  180 (I grudgingly did 30 minutes on the treadmill.  Grudgingly.)

Breakfast:
Lunch:

Notice the small fries.  I may have had one or two other instances in this entire process where I succumbed to the fries.   I feel like I am like an alcoholic who is offered one beer when I eat fries.  Anyway, I ate them and didn't obsess over the fact that I ate them.  And, I didn't go over my calorie limit today.  So, there.  Ha.

Dinner:

I left about a 1/3 of this on the plate.   And, I had a string cheese this evening before exercising.   

Frankly, I'm not sure that I have much else to say today.  I think I gave it all up on yesterday's post.   I had a good practice session today, and I did take an hour for myself today to have a pedicure and hot stone foot massage.  And, that was just right.   I do this - maybe - once a year.  But, no manicures!  I do not like people messing with my hands.   No rings, no nail polish.  Nope.  Those hands are for working.  Remember how I actually like a few parts of my body and one of them is my feet?   Well, here you go:

I am such a weirdo.   Anyway, I'm starting to become fonder of my décolletage, too.  Go look that up.  Ha.  

I'm feeling a bit spent (emotionally) lately.   Too much intensity for one reason or another or another.   So, naturally I made the extremely wise decision (that's irony right there) to read an article in the New Yorker tonight about a son who recently lost his father.    It was so breathtakingly, heartbreakingly raw and stunning in its emotional impact, that I just felt like I couldn't feel anything else.   And, of course, it got me to thinking back to my own father's death (under two months before my children were born).   So, yeah.   I need some humor and lightheartedness now.   So, I'm going to watch an episode of 30 Rock because I want to be Tina Fey.  No, really, I do.  She is the most awesome.   I want to go to there.  

Happy Tuesday, dear reader.   And...

Thanks for reading!




No comments:

Post a Comment