Dear Reader:
Well. Apparently, the universe heard my call yesterday and decided to hit me with a truckload of encouragement. Thank you, universe.
The big news today was, of course, that I bought some new "school clothes" and when I tried them on, I had to downsize by one size. Yay! And, the response to the photo of this dressing room moment was quite overwhelming. Apparently, all of FB decided to tell me today that I am doing all right.
So, I'm going to take it. And, enjoy it for as long as I can.
I did well on the calories and exercise front today, too. A surge of optimism.
Total Calories Consumed: 1214
Total Calories Burned: 350 (half hour on elliptical at gym) plus strength training: leg press, hip adductor/abductor - new setting on this that I couldn't do before, rear delts/fly machine, chest press (hello, mirror), lat pull down/seated row. I need to start getting back into the habit of doing some ab exercises every day. Tomorrow!
Breakfast: usual egg, toast, coffee
Lunch: out and about:
I left 1/3 of the rice on the plate and also had clear soup. Those are all veggies from the hibachi grill.
Dinner:
I did not eat the cheesy bread that my kids got. I only had this one piece and brought the rest (that was not eaten by the kids) home. It's also all veggie/ricotta cheese.
Snack: Pretzels and edamame hummus
So, I'll tell you what. I'm going to try and enjoy my good feelings right now without the feeling that I'm going to jinx this whole endeavor. Because that's what I usually do.
And, thank you, thank you, dear reader for your words of encouragement. They mean A LOT to me. I've never been one of those people who "doesn't care what other people think." I try not to listen to critics who I sense do not wish the best for me, but those people with whom I am connected on a personal level - what those people think means a great deal to me. So, the words of support and appreciation are really helping. At least for today! And, that's all we've got right now.
Thanks for reading.
No comments:
Post a Comment