Friday, January 10, 2014

Dear Reader:

Today was my last chance to be in the office doing leisurely preparation for classes and practicing my heart out.   Because those pesky students return on Monday.   (I actually do love it when they come back on campus :)).     And, today was my biweekly physical trainer appointment.   I got a good workout, let me tell you.    Totally upped my weights from 8 lbs. to 10 lbs.   And, my PT sent me a little e-mail afterwards saying - "GREAT JOB TODAY"    Which, of course, made me feel super good and like I had just gotten a GOLD STAR!    In two weeks, we'll do some measurements and see where we are since the last time we took the measurements.   Fingers crossed.   I have to say that I was looking in the mirror while doing the free weights today and I really felt good about the changes I was seeing.   I'm motivated to keep this going.   And, when I think about the fact that I was waking up with little to no energy and a mild depression every single day 6 months ago, and I'm now actually popping out of bed ready to go and feeling (mostly) optimistic, I think the most significant changes have really been with my energy levels.   It's slow going, but it IS GOING.  And, I can feel it.   I've still got a LONG way to go, but I'm going.   I'm going.   I'm going.   I am choosing to take care of my awesome self each day.

Total calories consumed:  1508
Total calories burned:  (I don't know, but I was at the gym for over an hour.)

Breakfast:
Lunch (hello, power foods at my desk!):
I forgot to take pics of dinner, but it was a bowl of black bean soup, three crostini with bruschetta, and a 1/2 cup of frozen yogurt with berries and sugar free chocolate syrup.

OK, it's Friday night and since we all know I am just the hippest social butterfly there is, I am going to get my cup of tea and my blanket and watch some sort of action/thriller movie that a friend recommended ("Olympus Has Fallen" for anyone who cares!)...    

Thanks for reading.



No comments:

Post a Comment