Thursday, January 16, 2014

Dear Reader:

Well, yesterday was my 75th post.  That means that I have faithfully posted EVERY DAY for 75 days which is rather remarkable, if you ask me.   I am on my way on this journey, but have many miles to go before I sleep.  Those woods are, indeed, lovely, dark, and deep.   Yeah.  I don't know why I"m quoting Frost...

Anyway, I've been thinking that it is time for me to pull back a bit from sharing so much on the internet.   And so, I have decided to start posting only once or twice a week.   My reasoning is as follows:   I am now in the habit of tracking calories, recording exercise, and thinking through the psychological ramifications of my relationship with food.   1) I am not going to stop doing that just because I stop posting as much.   I don't need to be superstitious about missing a post.   2) My life is FULL.   I do not, in any way, shape, or form have a glass half full.   It is totally full and spilling over onto the sides - in the most delightful ways.    I need to find more ways to engage with that life, rather than just with the curated life that I present here.  3) I sometimes would like to have time to watch a sitcom or read a chapter in a book or talk with a friend or do some ridiculously pressing life or professional activity in the evening rather than filling this page with words.  Sometimes.  4) Sometimes (not all the time), I feel like I'm writing these blog posts to get approval and validation for myself.   I think that may need to come from actual people/myself in my actual life.   5) I am still going to track everything and have a record and be able to see patterns on myfitnesspal.com.  

So, you won't hear from me as often, dear reader, but I'll still want to process interesting and important and/or unimportant stuff from time to time.  So stick with me!  The support is crucial for me.   I am 1/4 of the way towards my big, cosmic goal.   I really want to do this.  

Today's stats:  

Total calories consumed:  1684
Total calories burned:  348 (an hour walk with my walking partner on campus!)

Breakfast:  egg, toast, coffee

Lunch:  a working lunch dealing with the honors program and the arts - two fish tacos, a cup of fruit

Dinner:  chalupa, taco, tortilla chips

Snack:  Sesame nut mix

Thoughts:  I need more green stuff tomorrow.    I love walking with friends.   That's about it.  

I'm currently feeling like I want to spend the long weekend being a hermit and getting little tasks done around the house.    And, I might spend a little (read: a lot) time with this:
Thanks for reading!

6 comments:

  1. We'll miss you! But good for you!! Mwah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, B! Given that we inevitably end up in each other's offices each day either crying or laughing hysterically, *you* probably won't miss me that much. :). I'll definitely keep you up to date on my calorie count, though. Ha.

      Delete
  2. I'll miss your regular posts, but you know I completely understand :) --Margaret

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, M. You know that I adore all of our on and off-line interactions. I'm excited about the epic Summer 2014 visit. Didn't we also, at one point, talk about a kid-free NYC trip? Maybe when I get that half of my paycheck back that is going to preschool?

      Delete
  3. I finally figured out how to follow your BlogSpot posts on my Wordpress reader! Thanks for this post--great insight, and wise words for all

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carol! Glad to have you "following"!! LW

      Delete