Monday, December 30, 2013

Dear Reader:

All right.   I had creme brûlée today.  Because, well, you have to do it sometimes.  I think I have this - my favorite dessert - maybe twice a year.  Today was the day.   425 calories.    And, I loved every minute of it.

I tried to orient my day around this thing.   This morning, upon the advice of a friend, I put some peanut butter on a bagel to forestall cravings later in the day.  So far, so good.   I also had my usual egg.



We had lunch out:  Greek salad with shrimp (I only ate two - the kids ate the rest), a cup of tomato bisque, and creme brûlée.




Yeah, that's right.  T-Rex loves creme brûlée.   We have that in common.

For dinner, I went all low calorie:

Total calories consumed:  1598
Total calories burned:  285 (1/2 hour on the elliptical)

I do keep looking in the mirror these days to see if there are changes that I can recognize.  Which there are.  But, naturally, this gazing also highlights all of the things that I wish were not true of my body.   Today, I was really focusing, for whatever reason, on the abdomen area with my C-section scar and the stretch marks from a twin pregnancy.   I suspect that, even if I do lose more weight, this part of my body will never look like the way that I wish it would look (i.e. unrealistic ideals).    I try to think of what my amazing body was able to do in that twin pregnancy, and how I should be in awe of that.   Well, maybe if I keep thinking it, I will believe it.   :)  

I need to get my kids into a bath and into bed and then watch a creepy Roman Polanski movie with my brother (Roman Polanski is just generally creepy, even if you don't watch his films) - part of his effort to educate me into the ins and outs of cinema.    When I get back home, I am seriously going to see a ridiculously optimistic, cotton candy, happy times sort of movie.  Maybe I'll Netflix Anchorman or something.  

By the way, I am not making any New Year's resolutions.  Because that's just the kind of girl I am.  One who never makes New Year's resolutions.  This is the way to being a rebel, dear reader.  Seriously.  Ha, ha.

I hope you, dear reader, are enjoying some festivities in the next couple of days that don't involve any kinds of creepy and/or depressing movies.   But, if they involve creme brûlée, congratulations!

Thanks for reading!


1 comment:

  1. The pictures of your soup and salad are making me extremely jealous.

    ReplyDelete