Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Dear Reader:

I will tell you something.  I do get a little tired of talking about myself on this blog sometimes.  I mean I'm obviously super-fascinating and all, but sometimes I'd rather just hear about your day, dear reader. :)

However, the overall accountability factor and the record keeping and the occasional insight that comes through writing about my thoughts and feelings is, so far, worth it.  But I will tell you that I am  trying to figure out a way that I can remove myself from my online life a bit more over this break.  I'm thinking about how to do it while still retaining accountability and a space to sort out my feelings/thoughts.  We'll see.

You are getting tired of hearing about how fabulous my friends are, I'm sure, but sorry, that's just the way it is.  I have decided to fill my life with wise, beautiful, brilliant, passionate people who love me.  So sue me.  And, I visited another of my wise friends today.  She has helped me through some very dark places in the past and really knows me well. Sometimes a bit more objectively than I know myself.  She reminded me today of two very valuable traits that I possess that can help me through this journey that I'm on.  My good common sense and my compassion.  I just need to direct these two at myself in collaboration with each other.  As we talked today, I was thinking about how those two traits are conjoined in the Jane Austen character that I most identify with - Elinor in Sense and Sensibility.  This is a character who does what needs to be done and allows her mind to remain totally engaged in doing the right thing even when her heart is overwhelmed.  She doesn't suppress her feelings.  She simply acknowledges them but uses her mind to allow her to act in her best interests and in the best interests of her sister, Marianne.

Now you, dear reader, didn't come here for a synopsis of a Jane Austen novel.  Basically, what I am saying is that my issues with food, which I believe are tied into my issues in other areas of life,  require me to be rational but open hearted and as compassionate toward myself as I am toward others.

I feel like I'm rambling now, and I'm needing to have some blissful sleep after the good talks and good laughter of today that blew away yesterday's anxieties and overly sensitive emotional radar.   So, here are the stats:

Calories consumed: 1702
Calories burned: 0. (And I'm really missing it today - must have a nice long session tomorrow)

Breakfast (pics added tomorrow):  egg, toast, margarine, coffee, milk
Lunch: small chili, baked potato/margarine
Dinner:  Kung pao chicken, white rice, wonton soup (I ate too much at this meal)
Snack: popcorn

Pleasant dreams, dear reader.

Thanks for reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment