Monday, December 23, 2013

Dear Reader:

Today was a good day!   The long awaited recital check came.   I cleaned and did laundry all morning.  Check out my linen closet:

That, dear reader, is a sign of good mental health!!!  I also sorted all of the kids summer/fall clothes into "give away" and "keep for next year" bins.   I went to the grocery store and got everything I need for my "Urban Family Christmas" dinner on Wednesday (I'm the only one that finds that funny, I'm sure - urban/rural -, but I'm super excited to have my good friends and neighbors, G and D, and my good friend, B and her son over for the early morning excitement and a nice dinner served on my grandmother's china).

I went for a long walk on campus (took my kids with me and they made it one and a half loops around the campus, which is actually fairly impressive for a cold, dark late afternoon).   I kept my calories under control.   I practiced my pieces for the Christmas Eve service at church tomorrow.   I'm planning to wrap all of my presents after finishing this blog entry.   All in all, I am totally rocking it today.   I suppose that I'm due a day like this after yesterday.  

I'm going to do a yoga DVD tomorrow morning because I feel like I need to do some stretching (woke up with a charley horse this morning - geez, those things are KILLER).   I may do a bit of strength training in the afternoon.

Also, the scale this morning said that I'm down .2 lbs.   Not a lot, but I'll take it.  I am now 2.8 lbs. away from 20 lbs. lost!   This could happen by New Year's.   It could.    I won't beat myself up if it doesn't, but, gee, it would be nice!!

Calories consumed:  1437
Calories burned:  266

Breakfast:

Lunch:  This was sort of little by little, so no pics.   But, I ate a handful of nuts, some grapes, some string cheese, some pepperoni slices, and some Triscuits.     

Dinner:
These are shrimp tacos.  I actually took the fried shrimp off of the second taco and just had the veggies and the soft taco tortilla.   And, I did not eat the cheesy bread on top of the soup.   Virtuous.  I'm sure that is not a permanent condition.  :)

Snack:   36 pieces of Pirate Booty.  Yeah, that stuff is addictive for me - um, I mean the kids.  The kids.  Yeah.

So, anyway.  I hope you, dear reader, are surrounded by people whom you love and who love you this holiday.  

Happy Christmas Eve Eve.  

Thanks for reading.   

2 comments:

  1. A day to celebrate! Wow! Good for you. And those linens!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew you'd appreciate the closet. I may even tackle the pantry today. Living large! Merry Christmas to you and your wonderful family!

      Delete