Dear Reader:
Sigh. There are disadvantages to being attuned to oneself and others. Today was a day when my emotional radar was just going totally bonkers. It probably has something to do with the impending holidays, the end of the term, and the feeling of a year and/or a life chapter coming to a close. Of course, this was a day just like any other day, but every interaction, word, phrase, e-mail, etc. seemed fraught with implications and subtext to me today. IMPLICATIONS and SUBTEXT. And, those alleged implications and subtext made me want to just curl up with a doughnut or two or twelve and make it all go a safe distance away. I am almost positive that all of this just happens in my head and not anywhere outside my head, but days like this make me feel a little crazy.
Of course, it may be all a trick of my mind to keep me from finishing calculating and submitting grades for the semester. Because that would mean I have a lot more freedom. And, as much as I've wanted that for a LONG TIME, what am I going to do with it? :)
So, I need to center myself from all of this swirling-around-craziness. I have a few little items that I keep on my desk when I'm working that mean something to me and, sometimes, just the sight of them calms me down when I'm having a crazy day. This is currently sitting beside me:
For some reason, this little ornament focuses me and makes me think of the friend who gave it to me (I'm visiting with her tomorrow!!!) and keeps me sane. So, sing on little sanity bird!
Calories consumed: 1820 (not the greatest day, because of the little anxieties that triggered my ordering fries for dinner and having a cake donut for breakfast)
Calories burned: 355 (an hour long walk with my friend - twice around campus)
Every day is an adventure, isn't it? So, I'm going to go get this grading DONE now and have a cup of tea and sleep. Because, really, what else can I do...
Thanks for reading!
No comments:
Post a Comment