Dear Reader:
Here are the quick stats:
Calories consumed: 1834
Calories burned: 275 (elliptical - 45 minutes)
Breakfast:
I had lunch with my cousins and their new baby: homemade pork meatloaf, pear gorgonzola walnut salad, bow tie pasta with green beans, low fat vanilla ice cream and raspberries, tiny chocolate cookies (2).
Dinner:
Yes, that's goat cheese on the crackers. So decadent. Oh, I love you, goat cheese.
Snacks: hummus/carrots
It's always disheartening when you eat this many calories and still feel hungry at the end of the day. That's how I feel now. And, the more I think about it, the more I want to go and eat everything in my sister-in-law's pantry. At least the threat of social humiliation keeps me from doing this. Who knows what would happen if I was at home...
Also, I just watched an extremely depressing movie. Extremely depressing. And, true to form, I experience art (movies, books, music, visual art) as if it was happening to me, so now I want to eat my way out of this feeling of futility and hopelessness, etc. It really was a fantastically constructed film, but I need to have an antidote. Any good, hopeful, redemptive movie choices to suggest, dear reader? There are times when it is highly inconvenient to be so receptive to the messages sent out by other people, either in real life or in fiction. I need to have an empathy shield that automatically goes up with my empathetic tendencies become way too unhealthy.... It turns out that I got some bad news about a friend today, too. Sending out lots of love in lots of directions.
OK, enacting shield. Maybe, after all, I just need to youtube my favorite comedy episodes. :)
Thanks for reading!
No comments:
Post a Comment