Dear Reader:
Anytime that I think I have a hard challenge in front of me during this wellness journey, I think about the fact that I have to get two active 5 year olds into bed every evening and out of bed and out the door every morning. I think that may mean I'm up to anything.
My poor children are always so overtired on Wednesday evenings... I have a church job that requires me to be at rehearsal on Wednesdays from 7-8:15 and the kids are in the childcare at church during that time. If our house wasn't a 15-20 minute drive from the church and if we hadn't come straight from a long day at preschool, this wouldn't be as big a problem. Anyway, I really need to keep this job to keep us afloat, but every Wednesday when my kids totally meltdown at bedtime, I feel like the worst parent. They need to be in bed earlier than this. I'm looking forward to spending a greater quantity of time with my kids in a week. We desperately need some time together without any schedule or agenda. And, one thing that I don't get very often that I really, really, really want to get is one-on-one time with each of them. The poor kids NEVER get me to themselves. They are always sharing me with their sibling. And, my attention is always split. When I get the rare chance to spend one-on-one time with them, it feels like such a treat. It is such a wonderful feeling, really. It makes me realize how harried I feel on a daily basis.
Anyway, Wednesdays. Ugh. That's really the point.
Calories consumed: 1713 (lunch at the caf and dinner at church - it's actually a Christmas miracle that I kept it this low under those circumstances).
Calories burned: 359 (two loops around campus - once before lunch and once after lunch - my usual Wednesday walking partner had a meeting, so it's good that I had the motivation to go solo)
Also, since I have the holiday break coming up, I need some excellent books to keep me company. I need some seriously all-consuming fiction to keep me obsessed this holiday. So, I'm going to begin to figure out what I want to read in the next few weeks. Suggestions are always welcome - on and off blog. :)
Well, dear reader, I fear I have no more capacity for self-reflection tonight. I am going to grab my mug of cinnamon/star anise tea and watch a little Jon Stewart and go to bed. Sweet dreams to you.
Thanks for reading.
No comments:
Post a Comment