Dear Reader:
OK, We are going to start with a food pic tonight:
Seriously, folks, look at that cosmic deliciousness! I, obviously, went out for sushi tonight with a friend, and it has been a treat that I have been looking forward to for a long while. And, I didn't feel any guilt for treating myself. None. I savored this food. (We did, by the way, share this plate and left some on the plate).
It's hard to figure out calories with a sushi plate, but here are my estimated stats:
Calories consumed; 1813 (it might have been more, but it was worth it. I'll get back on the straight and narrow tomorrow - promise!)
Calories burned: 183 (30 minutes on treadmill)
So, although yesterday I was complaint central, I have to say that today got progressively better and better. Going out with my friend tonight was EXACTLY what I needed. I am so lucky to have the kinds of friends I have. I have lots of people who are uber-supportive and incredibly generous with their time and wisdom. And, I have about four very close friends with whom I can unleash "the crazy"... Stuff that, believe it or not, does not show up on this blog. And, I'm sure that they feel the same way about me. These are people who "show up" for me and seem to love me not despite my faults/craziness, but inclusive of them. They are what Brené Brown calls "move a body" friends. Yeah, you'll have to watch her TED talks to figure out what that means :). Anyway, I don't think these kinds of friends come along every day. And, I am so, so grateful that I have been lucky enough to have these folks in my life. Really, I think anyone would be lucky to have one such friend in a lifetime. Well, now that I've waxed poetic about this tonight, I will say that the friend that I went out with tonight is just such a friend. Thanks, B. Love you. And, thanks for telling me that I look like I am shrinking. You know how to sweet talk me.
And, lucky me, I get to visit another such friend next week. But, before I get there, I've got to find some focus and fulfill some professional obligations in the next three days.
So, if you'll excuse me, I'm just going to smile goofily about how much fun I had tonight and think about how I can keep my calorie intake on the down low tomorrow during a post-Christmas Cantata brunch and a post-student Christmas recital reception.
Thanks for reading.

You are only one of the coolest people I know. That is all. Continue with your awesomeness.
ReplyDeleteLikewise, my dear. Likewise.
Delete