Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Dear Reader:

I am always interested to look back and discover that I have "patterns of behavior" hitherto unnoticed by my conscious mind.   Sometimes, things are so obvious that I can't even believe that I missed them.  Well, folks, it appears that Wednesdays are danger days for me on this journey to wellness.   A few things happen on Wednesdays:  I have lots and lots of piano lessons/classes, I have a big lunch date with colleagues that involves me watching them eating all sorts of yummy, super-caloric cafeteria food, I have a walk with a friend that nearly always causes emotional self-reflection (this is a good thing, in general, but I have no time for such things on Wednesdays, people.   Wednesday is NOT FOR SELF-REFLECTION.  I'm kind of kidding.  But, kind of not.), I go straight from my full-time job to my part-time job, and I don't get the kids into bed until 9 or 9:30pm, which causes me incredible mommy guilt because one or both of them are usually in tears.   And, then I'm in tears and allow my drama queen voice to tell me that I'll probably die alone and, also, my kids will be in therapy before they turn 16, and life is full of despair....blah, blah, blah.   I told you that this voice was a SUPER-EVIL VILLAIN.   She ain't messing around.   And, also, she says -  "Since your existence in this universe is so pointless, why don't you just go to that refrigerator and eat a block of cheese.  What can it hurt?  Nothing matters."  This voice is freakishly similar to the writings of Jean-Paul Sartre.   Hmm...

And, also, I want to eat everything in sight on Wednesdays.   And my frantic pace and packed schedule makes me feel, for some reason, lonely and unloved, which makes me want to eat everything else in sight.   Have I mentioned that I wanted to eat everything I see?   And, while we can all thank whatever providential force held me back from quite that much excess, I did go over my calorie limit today.

Calories consumed:  2166
Calories burned: 366 (hour long walk - 2.75 miles)

Paltry good news:  With the extended walk, the net calories are under my suggested limit.

Breakfast:
Lunch:

Dessert (yes, I succumbed to the frozen yogurt peer pressure - at least I didn't put chocolate sprinkles and whipped cream on it, right?  Right?)


Dinner:
OK, I might have also eaten a tiny square of blackberry cobbler.   OK, I actually did.   But, let's focus on the victories here:  I refrained from taking the entire serving dish full of creamy, buttery, mashed potatoes back to my place at the church dinner.  In fact, I did not eat a single bite of that super creamy, super buttery, delectable dish of mashed potatoes.   

Mashed potatoes.  Excuse me while I think of them for a minute.   

Argh.

Also, guys, I just had a snack of Triscuits and cheese.   About 200 calories.   I did include it in the tally above, but, you know - FULL DISCLOSURE.

So, the right thing for me to say right now is that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it (also, a saying from Anne of Green Gables).   And, while I might not be totally proud of today, tomorrow does afford me another opportunity to do better.   So, I'm going to say it until I believe it, or until I really need to get to sleep, whichever comes first.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment