Dear Reader:
The website myfitnesspal.com told me today that my weight has changed significantly since I have now lost over 10 lbs. (10.4 to be exact). That myfitnesspal.com is such a sweet talker. Anyway, I apparently need to recalibrate my calories and exercise goals so that I can lose 5 more lbs. by the end of December. I deliberately decided to start this process during the prime holiday season to avoid the whole doomed-to-fail New Year's Resolution scene. And, obviously one needs to be more wary during the holidays about weight gain, etc. Of course, I always love a challenge, too. I'm sure that plays into the mix.
Today was not a huge victory day, but I think that my bad days are less bad than they might have been before this process. Given the packed schedule yesterday, I just hopped into bed without doing some of the essential planning-for-the-next-day stuff that I normally do. Which means that I grabbed frozen waffles for breakfast, pieced together a lunch between errands and heading home because I felt sick (some sort of congestion/dry cough/headache silliness) which unfortunately included a McDonald's fish sandwich and small fries (this is the first time I've had fries since this whole deal started. Talk about a gateway drug...
I also ate 2 too many handfuls of nuts. Dinner came after arriving at my brother's place at 8pm: chili, cornbread, pretzels with pumpkin dip (1pt. on WW). Exercise was avoided because of feeling sick. Add into the mix the stress of leaving earlier than expected for Thanksgiving holidays because of impending weather and you've got a lot of danger spots. However, I did my best. I went 200 calories over my calorie limit...
Ah, well. Give me a couple of days of no work and more sleep and things will start looking up. I'm sure of it!
Thanks for reading.
No comments:
Post a Comment