Dear Reader,
The moral of tonight's blog post is "don't get overconfident on the day after Thanksgiving"! So, I was pretty pleased with myself for not totally losing my control on T-day and I let down my guard today. Ha! That'll show me. Here are the stats today:
Calories consumed: 2223
Calories burned (in one brisk icy walk with my brother's dog): 273
I am officially 40 calories over my limit for the day (which includes the bonus points for exercise). And, I could tell after dinner that I had eaten too much. I felt that usual - "Yuck, I shouldn't have done that" feeling. Here are the places where I could have pulled back today: Breakfast was good as usual with the egg and two everything bagel thins with margarine and coffee. At lunch, I should have just had 1/2 half of a ham sandwich, but I had a whole sandwich (plus veggie chips and hummus). We went to see a kid's movie at the theatre and I ate a third of a medium bag of popcorn (without extra butter....). That was probably a mistake. Dinner was a ham/pepperoni hash brown mix made by my nephew - probably could have taken a smaller portion.
No pictures today as I was busy entertaining kids, etc., and forgot.
My short term goal is to keep the calorie count under my recommended limit on myfitnesspal.com without counting bonus points for exercise. And, I'd like to add more green vegetables into my daily intake. Less carbs for sure. I was told by my diabetic counselor during my gestational diabetes period to keep carbs at a meal to under 45 grams and for snacks under 15 grams. I'm going to try and keep that more in acceptable limits.
I'm looking forward to getting home and doing more significant workouts, including strength training. There are about 2 or 3 days a month that I just feel icky (yes, it has a lot to do with my reproductive equipment!) and I am right smack in the middle of that right now. Add on this constant congestion that has lingered for weeks and weeks and it's just a perfect recipe for feeling like a total blob.
I am planning to make a grocery list tonight because I plan to get groceries on my way home from my brother's place tomorrow. I am hoping to look up some healthy/tasty recipes to experiment with this week.
So, I'm optimistic, although I wish I had done better today. And, geez, this is all just hard work. And slow. And, boy, I need constant encouragement. I'm so high maintenance.
I'm planning to do a blog entry sometime soon on the concepts of self-discipline and willpower which are terms that I find multi-faceted and somewhat confusing. I think I blame myself for not having enough of both of these. This goes to the original "I think I need to be a better person to lose weight" comment that started this whole blog project. But I am really attracted to the Buddhist philosophy of having thoughts like these and not judging them and holding on to them - just plainly and calmly seeing them for what they are - thoughts - and hopefully letting them go. In fact, when you think about it, that's the anti-ruminating philosophy. And, that is definitely not my nature, but perhaps some daily practice will help it become a habit (one version of the word discipline is a daily activity/exercise/practice).
Anyway, such was my day. On to tomorrow.
Thanks for reading.
No comments:
Post a Comment