It is definitely time for a bit of a break. I've got two jam packed days to get through (tomorrow involves Kindermusik, Theory Class, 6 piano lessons, and a dinner out with a consulting/visiting Dean from a School of Visual and Performing Arts. I will leave the house at 8am and come back around 9pm.) and then one half day with childcare for me to use as a workout morning before leaving for a visit to my brother's place for Thanksgiving with my Mom and my brother and his family (only missing one other brother/family but we will see them after Christmas).
It's no secret that I love Thanksgiving. Best holiday ever - I mean, of course, in it's current form. I mean, we really didn't treat the Native Americans all that well, did we....So, celebrating that one meal seems a little paltry... But, you know what I mean. I am looking forward to eating more mindfully on the big day. And, maybe taking a long walk with my brother and nephews.
Today went reasonably well.
Calories consumed: 1882
Calories burned: 213 (on the treadmill - 35 minutes)
We went to a birthday party for a friend of my kids today, and I did eat one slice of birthday cake. Well, it was rainbow colored, so I had to, right? Ha, ha. It's OK. I actually didn't feel badly about it, because I ate fairly mindfully all day otherwise.
Breakfast was a Weight Watcher's Egg White/Canadian Bacon Muffin and coffee with milk.
Lunch was at Target prior to buying the birthday gift - I obviously plan far ahead for these things:
I actually ate only half of the sandwich (if that). But, I did have a handful of my daughter's popcorn. Danger areas=food left on kids' plates (BIG TIME DANGER)
Dinner:
I enjoyed this very much.
Snacks included the birthday cake and a pre-workout cheddar cheese slice/Triscuit combo.
I am planning to eat a handful of nuts virtually every day now. Because....I read an article that says that eating a handful of nuts each day will actually prolong your life. And, we all know that everything that we read on the internet is gospel truth, right? (That was sarcasm. Obviously.)
Tomorrow night will be interesting. It will be dinner at a high end bistro in a neighboring town. And, it will be a professional dinner with someone that I haven't met yet. So, naturally, I'll have to really make an effort to dress up. Which I don't like doing all that much. Which is also partially (but not completely) related to the fact that I don't like the way I look in clothes most of the time and so would rather not make the effort. But, I will not dwell or ruminate on that negative thought. Because as we know from yesterday, this is a bad thing. Because it's also partially related to the fact that I LOVE BEING COMFORTABLE AND WOULD WEAR SWEATS OR YOGA PANTS EVERY DAY IF I COULD. Enough caps for you?
Yeah, this whole not "over-thinking" things is probably going to be a huge challenge for me. I can overthink a phone number in the telephone book (do they even have those anymore? See, I'm overthinking this!!!! ARGH.).
Well, now that I've rambled past comprehension, I will leave you with a favorite quote from one of my top five favorite novels of all time: "Persuasion" by Jane Austen. This doesn't have anything to do with anything, but I love this:
"Mr. Elliot was rational, discreet, polished, -- but he was not open. There was never any burst of feeling, any warmth of indignation or delight, at the evil or good of others. This, to Anne, was a decided imperfection. Her early impressions were incurable. She prized the frank, the open-hearted, the eager character beyond all others. Warmth and enthusiasm did captivate her still. She felt that she could so much more depend upon the sincerity of those who sometimes looked or said a careless or a hasty thing, than of those whose presence of mind never varied, who's tongue never slipped."
Thanks for reading.


No comments:
Post a Comment